- Develop basic acting technique
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Improve peer interaction and collaboration
- Connect with voice and body
- Develop character-building skills
- Learn stagecraft and textual analysis
Note: PAC recognises the varying levels of experience amongst its students and so our teachers, at all times, will adjust their classes to accomodate to all levels.
In this course, students will learn to be present, connect with their fellow actors and use the power of improvisation to create dynamic and engaging scenes.
Through practical exercises, students will be guided step-by-step toward becoming more instinctual and brave actors. They will understand and apply the basic rules of improvisation – such as making specific and detailed offers, accepting and not-blocking offers, endowing people, places and things with qualities – and most importantly, they will become generous actors who react to, and support their fellow actors every step of the way.
The last class of the term is an open performance to family and friends where students can showcase their improvisation skills during a series of activities. Audience involvement is highly encouraged!
Students will be lead by energetic and passionate teachers whose first goal is to create a supportive, fun and dynamic learning environment. Students will be encouraged to be free, playful and thoughtful actors and each class is designed to awaken students to the power of their own voices and bodies.
By the end of this course, whether they’re aware of it or not, students will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into their everyday lives. They will:
- Deliver more confident speeches and class presentations at school.
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of their breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Work with peers to problem-solve.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.
- All primary-aged students must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian at reception.
- Should you be late in picking up your child, please call 1300 828 144