- Develop basic acting technique
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Improve peer interaction and collaboration
- Connect with voice and body
- Develop character-building skills
- Learn stagecraft and textual analysis
Note: PAC recognises the varying levels of experience amongst its students and so our teachers, at all times, will adjust their classes to accomodate to all levels.
This Beginners acting course is open to students aged 12-16 years who are looking to get a taste of acting.
Throughout the 10 weeks, students will learn about voice, movement, the basic skills of acting, as well as engaging in a series of ensemble building activities, improvisation games. Students will grow an awareness of their voices and bodies, and their relationship to the space and fellow actors; they’ll learn how to break down a script, find character objectives, become comfortable with spontaneity, and use stagecraft in order to deliver a compelling performance.
Students will be lead by energetic and passionate teachers whose first goal is to create a supportive, fun and dynamic learning environment. Students will be encouraged to be free, playful and thoughtful actors and each class is designed to awaken students to the power of their own voices and bodies.
By the end of this course, whether they’re aware of it or not, students will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into their everyday lives. They will:
- Deliver more confident speeches and class presentations at school.
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of their breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Work with peers to problem-solve.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.
- All primary-aged students must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian at reception.
- Should you be late in picking up your child, please call +61411354424.