- Develop basic acting technique
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Improve peer interaction and collaboration
- Connect with voice and body
- Develop character-building skills
- Learn stagecraft, film and textual analysis
Note: PAC recognises the varying levels of experience and interests amongst its students and so our teachers, at all times, will adjust their classes to accomodate to all levels and preferences.
In this 10-week course, young actors aged 12-16 years will cover some or all of the following areas of acting:
Theatre: You’ll learn different theatre performance styles, write monologues/scenes/plays, perform and produce theatre pieces.
Improvisation: Through fast and spontaneous games, students will be forced to think on their feet, be wild with their imaginations and work as a team to create meaning and intrigue within a scene. Improvisation exercises will get students out of their head and loose in their bodies.
Screen: Students will learn how to read and understand a script, their character’s journey within it, along with their character’s relationship to the other person in the scene. They will then learn how to perform these scenes in front of a camera, and then watch over their performance and receive feedback.
Students will be lead by energetic and passionate teachers whose first goal is to create a supportive, fun and dynamic learning environment. Students will be encouraged to be free, playful and thoughtful actors and each class is designed to awaken students to the power of their own voices and bodies.
By the end of this course, whether they’re aware of it or not, students will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into their everyday lives. They will:
- Deliver more confident speeches and class presentations at school.
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of their breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Work with peers to problem-solve.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Should you be late in picking up your child, please call 1300 828 144.