Parramatta Actors Centre
in collaboration with
What If Unicorns Ruled The World and Other What Ifs
A 2-day Writing and Drama Holiday Workshop for students in Grades 3-6.
Wednesday 9 October 9.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 10 October 9.00am – 5.00pm
Participants: Maximum 15
Location: Information and Cultural Exchange (ICE), 8 Victoria Road, Parramatta NSW 2150. View MAP.
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Improve peer interaction and collaboration
- Develop literacy skills through writing, drafting and editing
- Learn sound story structure and use of plot types
- Develop character building and directing skills
- Develop listening skills
What if Unicorns ruled the world?
What if Harry Potter turned evil?
What if you and your grandmother swapped bodies for a day?
In this 2-day holiday workshop, students will write and perform short monologues addressing their most fascinating What If. They will brainstorm fantastical worlds, imagine new realities, and rewrite history to see just what the world would look like if they got to design it!
Over the course of the two days, they will brainstorm, draft, write, perform and direct monologues and using simple props, costume and music, they will share these new pieces of writing in front of an audience of family and friends.
DAY 1: WRITING
Students will be allocated a fellow class mate for which they are to write a short monologue. They will be guided by a WestWords writing facilitator who will help them shape and craft their pieces of writing.
DAY 2: PERFORMING
Students will be given their monologue and spend the day rehearsing with a PAC tutor. They will learn how to memorise lines, use voice and body to communicate character, as well as apply stagecraft elements to present a piece of writing that is engaging and entertaining.
At the end of Day 2, students will perform these well-polished and rehearsed monologues to family and friends.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Morning tea and lunch will not be provided so please ensure your child comes with food and a bottle of water.
- Should you be late in picking up your child, please call 1300 828 144.
TO BE CONFIRMED.