Starts: Thursday 8 August, 2019
8 x Thursdays, 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Location: Information and Cultural Exchange (ICE), 8 Victoria Road Parramatta. View MAP.
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Learn presence and connection with fellow actors
- Develop spontaneity and reacting to the present moment
- Connect with voice and body
Note: Students must have completed PAC’s Improvisation I course or a similar introductory improvisation course elsewhere.
Think Whose Line Is It Anyway and Thank God You’re Here.
This Improvisation II course, opened to adults aged 18+, will build on the basic improvisation skills learned in Improvisation I which included:
- Connecting to the here and now
- Making and accepting offers
- Endowing person, place or object with meaning
- Believing yourself into imagined circumstances
Students will engage in a collection of solo, paired and ensemble games and improvisation exercises that will force them to think on your feet, make bold and impulsive choices, be more engaged and connected, work as a team and most importantly, trust themselves and others.
This course will further explore:
- Building and sustaining relationships
- Powerplay and status
- Long-form improv routines such as Armando and The Harold
The course will culminate in a final improvisation session in front of a live audience.
By the end of this course, whether you’re aware of it or not, you will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into your everyday lives. You will:
- Deliver more confident presentations at work.
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of your breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.