Starts: Wednesday 15 May, 2019
8 x Wednesdays, 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Location: Information and Cultural Exchange (ICE), 8 Victoria Road Parramatta. View MAP.
- Unlock imagination and creativity
- Learn presence and connection with fellow actors
- Develop spontaneity and reacting to the present moment
- Connect with voice and body
Note: A basic understanding of acting highly recommended.
Do you find yourself stuck in your own head? In a day job that stifles and suffocates you?
This Improvisation I course, opened to adults aged 18+, will introduce keen actors to basic improvisation skills such as:
- Connecting to the here and now
- Making and accepting offers
- Endowing person, place or object with meaning
- Believing yourself into imagined circumstances
This will be your weekly opportunity to let loose, free your mind and body and bring out the child that’s been trapped behind responsibility and adulthood.
You will engage in a collection of solo, paired and ensemble games and improvisation exercises that will force you to think on your feet, make bold and impulsive choices, be more engaged and connected, work as a team and most importantly, trust yourself and others.
By the end of this course, whether you’re aware of it or not, you will have built up lifelong skills that will seep into your everyday lives. You will:
- Deliver more confident presentations at work.
- Become better listeners.
- Become more open to, and tolerant of differing views.
- Become acutely aware of your breathing and emotions.
- Develop a more positive self-image.
- Become more comfortable with self-evaluation and constructive feedback.
- Please read our Centre Policies.
- Please wear comfortable loose clothing and appropriate footwear.